Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Trick or Treat

For some reason, it always rains on Halloween in Seattle and this year was no different. We tried the Mall seen this year for Halloween and was suprised to see so many people. Most of the stores ran out of candy by 7PM.
This year Karen wanted to be a witch, which was a pleasant suprise, since all they talked about was being princesses. Maya was very content with Karen's costume from last year (Mulan) and Klair was excited just to wear a crown. Good thing about having 3 girls is that the costumes can be recycled again for next year.

We decided to go to the Japanese Kubota Gardens to see the beautiful Autumn leaves. We have lived in Seattle for over 20 years and never have gone to the Japanese garden. It was a pleasant surprise to see such a beautiful garden in the middle of South Seattle.

4 comments:

Yumi said...

I've recycled costumes every year up until today! Mostly hand-me-downs froom Airi. :) I stretched my imagination and put more effort this year than ever before...and actually did some sewing! I was quite proud of myself....
Mitch wanted to go to the mall, but I was anti... We had fun with friends in their neighborhood trick-or-treating, and I was happy to avoid the crowds at the mall!

Airi said...

It sure makes me miss Seattle when I see the beautiful pictures of the colorful leaves. I looks so chilly already...the part I don't miss. Miss you guys! Oh, and Seina will be getting baptized on November 22nd. Wish you could all be here!

Airi said...

I think looking at this makes me want to go to Seattle RIGHT NOW!!! I did not know that karen took ballet I think she would be realy good.
From
Riho

Airi said...

i think just looking at this it makes me want to come to seattle RIGHT NOW!!! i did not know that karen was a ballet dancer I bet she is very talented.
From
Riho